CAT HATHOME
PEACE PIRATES BLOG
peace pirate rainbow

Friday, March 4, 2011

Art from the Archives

Magic Mama makes art. Her next exhibition is coming up in May, here are some images from the archives to peak your interest....

Ten Centimeter Circle Meditation Banners, including the original "Matriotism" image. Cast paper, watercolor, mixed media.


Five Ravens is an acrylic painting that I did as a "live action painter" on stage with the band Cloud Cult. While the band performed music, I performed a painting that was often auctioned from the stage at the end of the show. I don't have many pictures and not sure where those paintings live these days, I found this photo on a disc last night!

The "BirthBody" above is made from cast paper, acrylic paint, beads, wire, rusty bottlecaps


I have participated in many Blessingway Ceremonies for pregnant women. As part of the blessing, the new mama is cast in plaster. I take the plaster cast to the studio, reinforce it with more plaster, coat the inside with a beeswax salve and fill it with recycled paper pulp. When the paper dries, I pull it out of the cast and patch it up. Then I paint it with images that I "received" during the blessingway. Images that are meaningful for both mama and baby. This one is "little wolf" who has native Ojibwe ancestry so I included designs inspired by bandelier bags. It's all acrylic paint on cast paper. This is a detail of the full cast.

This is a colored pencil drawing I did for the home page of a website for my Galleria deGaia

"Bird Basket" is made from woven belladona vines, lined with cast paper and decorated with deer fur, pearly everlasting, pussy willow, poppy seed pods and found feathers.



Magic Mama is an Eco-Edu-tainer who performs Organic Hip Hop & World Beats for all ages. Through her music, Magic Mama delivers an empowering and hope-filled message of love and respect for all and inspires creative thinking and Earth-friendly actions.
© Magic Mama Music, LLC   •   Web Development by Zumavi Design