CAT HATHOME
PEACE PIRATES BLOG
peace pirate rainbow

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blue Moon - Harvest Moon

Following is an email I have sent out to folks on Magic Mama's "list."  Many of you have signed up at my shows and often times, I can't quite make out one letter in an email address and it bounces back.  If you are not receiving my updates and would like to be added to my contacts - please fill out the "Message in a Bottle" form here on my website and select the "please add me" box.


Aloha Dear Friends!

Magic Mama is setting off on a most epic adventure - I am performing at the Water Woman Festival in Ecuador this coming weekend! 
 
I will be carrying with me several offerings for the ceremonies including water from Lake Superior, the Pacific Ocean, Sacred Springs in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Hawaii, and Rain that I am gathering right NOW!  Also bringing some stones, cosmic cash and, of course, costumes.  My instrumentation will be minimal since I am carrying only one suitcase and a backpack - quite a change from the usual circus-like van load!  I'm packing one used charcoal water filter, a canning jar for the water (Crickets in the Rain will be my opening song), a small rain stick, coconut drum, ukulele, seed shakers, my looper, some cords and a mic. 



The festival begins on Thursday, during the Blue Moon.  The next Blue Moon will not occur until July of 2015!  I invite you all to share a lunar moment with me, wherever you are in the world on Thursday - tune to the moon, feel the crystalline, watery cells of your body cleansing, purifying, sparkling with the pure white light that unites us all.  It is time to let ego dissolve and discover our unity consciousness.  Wake Up from the spells we've been under!  I'll be making music with crickets in the South Andes, allowing my body to become a transformer for the cosmic boom during the blue moon of 2012.  To get there, I will fly through the snarl of Hurricane Isaac and the Republican National Convention in Florida.  I am ready to gather with light workers from around the world to create a frequency of calm within the chaos of today's shifting world.  Let us all find the "eye-in-I" that still point within where the ego-self disappears.

"I have one small drop of knowing in my soul. Let it dissolve in your ocean." - Rumi " One Drop ~ Wave Vibration" art by Francene Hart



I will be back in "the states" in the evening of September 13th, just in time to share hugs with my family in Minneapolis, gather a few more instruments and make a 4 hour journey south to Viroqua, Wisconsin.  There, I will be performing on Saturday the 15th at the Forgotten Works Warehouse (Driftless Center for Slow Media) following the first puppet workshop for the Harvest Moon Celebration and Parade which will be happening "below deck" at the same location in the afternoon.  Potluck at 6pm, Magic Mama performance at 7pm.  Then, on Sunday the 16th, I'll be performing live in the WDRT Radio studio at 7pm.  Streaming Live Here



The Harvest Moon Celebration and Parade is set for Saturday, October 13th in Viroqua, WI.  Magic Mama will be performing in Eckart park at the end of the parade.  If you love the Twin Cities May Day Parade (In the Heart of the Beast), you'll enjoy the Viroqua celebration.  There will be huge puppets, stilt walkers, tom foolery and all kinds of monkey business.


I have closed the doors for the last time at my studio in Eau Claire, where I go from there is anybody's guess!  Things are changing so rapidly these days, I am allowing space for the best of all possibilities....we'll see!

 
Blessings to you all
Hope to see you soon, between the Blue and Harvest Moons!



Magic Mama is an Eco-Edu-tainer who performs Organic Hip Hop & World Beats for all ages. Through her music, Magic Mama delivers an empowering and hope-filled message of love and respect for all and inspires creative thinking and Earth-friendly actions.
© Magic Mama Music, LLC   •   Web Development by Zumavi Design