CAT HATHOME
PEACE PIRATES BLOG
peace pirate rainbow

Monday, November 12, 2012

New Jewels

After setting up a new nest in Viroqua, Wisconsin, I went right to work making new jewelry in preparation for some holiday events.  I'm also stocking up on Cat Hats and organizing an early childhood music class for the kids of the Kickapoo.  Stay tuned for the details!


My jewelry making "career" began with crayons, yarn and tinker toys.  Lately, I've been inspired by coins from around the world, along with up-cycling other materials such as bicycle spokes, can tabs, combining bits from broken jewelry into new arrangements, and, as always, I am most drawn to stones.  Here are a few recent pieces.  (Enter "jewelry" into the search bar to find some pictures of earlier work.)

 The necklace in the photo below has a title, it's called "Birds in the Woods" All the coins have birds on them and all the beads are wooden - my daughter thinks this is pretty funny - naming a necklace.  All of my pieces are original, one-of-a-kind and each has it's own "personality" in a way.  This one just feels like a flock gathering in the trees, though all the birds are different species, they're all family.


 These are all bracelets.  I've been using repurposed links from Grandfather Clock chains among other sources.  
 Once upon a time, I got really into making beads using a millefiori technique with polymer clay.  I've included some of these beads, along with some from my art glass collection for these bracelets inspired by Nuno Felted Scarves that my Mom has been making.



We are both willing to come to your home for Trunk Shows
(Minnesota and Wisconsin only) 
Send me a "message in a bottle" if you are interested in hosting!




Magic Mama is an Eco-Edu-tainer who performs Organic Hip Hop & World Beats for all ages. Through her music, Magic Mama delivers an empowering and hope-filled message of love and respect for all and inspires creative thinking and Earth-friendly actions.
© Magic Mama Music, LLC   •   Web Development by Zumavi Design